The Horizon

The Horizon
i saw this...i felt this...i rememered...and i wrote

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Games We Play

You are the one, the one to choose.

Always want to play, but never want to loose.

The games you play in the month of May,

Would break my heart in June.

Call me up in the starry night,

And turn off the light in my eye.

Bring up my dreams to your Shore,

And cut my boat loose.

Flirt with me, wink me wild,

When I ask turn down with a smile.

But again make me understand

It’s me who you demand.

Remember when those eyes met?

The approach and the reproach?

I lost my heart to your game

Behold you! My solitary beauty.

You were the art, and me spellbound.

I went knockout, in every round.

The stairs leading to you, I can’t ascend.

Your engaged mind, my love can’t comprehend.

Today I stand, speechless, unsure.

Months of planning, but no word to conjure.

But if you can’t hear my sound of silence

I know

The games you play, today on Thursday,

Will shatter my heart in June!

No comments: